The work week after having a long weekend is always the pits but thankfully it is finally Friday!! Here are 5 things that are whats up with me (I’m going to be one of those “cool hip moms” just you wait and see).
1. Captain America The Winter Soldier – I saw this movie with my Mom on Wednesday and it was so good! I have a soft spot for comic book characters though and (usually) enjoy (most of) the movies that come out about them. Spiderman lost me a couple franchises ago, and Wolverine is my favourite X-Men but for some reason I couldn’t be bothered to watch the newest movie but the majority of the movies that come out I enjoy.
2. My body has been craving crisp, raw vegetables for the past couple days and I have been making this salad for a few days straight now. Last night for dinner I made it with:
– 1/2 cucumber
– 2 peppers (one yellow, one red)
– 1 tomato
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and voila! So delicious. I think Baby B may be obsessed with raw veggies just like I was as a kid. Seriously I used to eat green peppers like an apple.
3. Nursery Decor. I really want to push to get this done in the next couple weeks. Just like my wedding, I keep just going with pieces that I am drawn to and so far everything has a visible theme! Think light grey, off-white frames, and an homage to baseball. I am really digging these prints for our feature wall over the crib by ZeppiPrints on Etsy.
And I have been looking for some sweet baseball quotes to put on our frame wall that is going to go over the change table. The centerpiece of this frame wall will be one of the photos of our wedding party at the baseball field I just haven’t decided on what one yet.
4. Tomorrow I have the dreaded glucose test. This test is done when you are 26-28 weeks pregnant and screens for gestational diabetes by making you drink a super sugary orange drink in 5 minutes, waiting an hour, then they draw a bunch of blood. I have heard the baby just goes nuts for that hour and you feel like you can scale buildings the sugar high is so intense but then you crash…hard. So should be interesting. I made the appointment for early in the morning so I can have a good breakfast and then just get it over with.
5. Have I mentioned that I am going to the Backstreet Boys in 2 weeks!? WHAT?! Yes I am so excited. We have really good floor seats and I will be rockin’ a pretty major baby bump. I kind of want to have fun with it and make a shirt like this:
Other possible t-shirt options include:
“Future BSB Fan”
“It’s Brian’s” with an arrow (but get it?…cuz it is Brian’s…)
So imagine amazing shirt, giant baby bump, right up front, dancing like this:
Tell Me: 5 things that are going on with you!