This week flew by but I am so happy the weekend is here! I am pretty tired today because I made the mistake of watching Orange Is The New Black on Netflix last night and I couldn’t stop watching! Have you seen it yet? It definitely is not for everyone due to the amount of nudity, profanity, and girl on girl action. If you have never heard of it, basically it is about a woman who has to go to jail for a year because she smuggled drug money for her lesbian lover 10 years ago. She is now engaged to a man and is a successful entrepreneur but turned herself in for her crime after her ex-lover ratted her out. There really is no spoiler alert for any of this, you learn all of it within the first 30 minutes via flashbacks.
Each character in jail also has their own story that is told through flashbacks and ties into why they behave like they are in jail. Like I said it is pretty raunchy, but the story so far is really good and there is enough humour in it that it doesn’t feel heavy or make you super anxious (I would get really anxious whenever I watched Sons of Anarchy. Just how they write the episodes and the fact that I love me some Jax Teller. SO GLAD he is Christian Grey). Anyway I would recommend this series to anyone who is not easily offended and needs a new TV series obsession 🙂
In other news my 5 km race for Special Olympics is tomorrow. I am nervous/excited/scared but mostly just anxious to do it. I am fine running 5 km but it is a bit more stressful because
a) I am running with Brian. He is super fast and makes is look so easy #shakesfist
b) I have never run in a crowd of people before although I have heard this makes it easier
c) This is really vain but I get super sweaty and red when I run. I don’t want to be the tomato at the end that everyone feels sorry for.
I probably should update my iPod tonight too so that I have some good tunes to motivate me. The majority of my playlist is the same as it was 2 years ago when I first started running but some songs are old faithfuls and help with different things. A couple of my favourites are:
1) Sabotage – Beastie Boys. SO good for doing sprints and getting amped up. The song composition is really good for going super fast then slowing down a bit, then repeat.
2) Move, Shake, Drop – DJ Laz Ft. Pitbull. Really good for maintaining a constant fast pace as they keep the energy up throughout the song.
3) Big Poppa – Notorious B.I.G. Awesome recovery song for when you need to catch your breath and keep a slower pace.
4) Dance (Ass) Remix – Big Sean Ft. Nicki Minaj. This song makes your booty pop while your running.
5) Give Me Everything – Pitbull Ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer. This song really pumps me up especially when Pitbull screams ha ha
Do you have a favourite song that helps you get your rhythm back during a run? Have any tips for a race newbie?!